For the month of December, our Holiday Search Tip is really a treat. The team at CA Search Advisors would like to share one of our favorite holiday recipes — The Easiest Chocolate Cake Ever. This dense, almost brownie-like bundt cake is a fantastic recipe to make with kids because of its easy steps and simple ingredients. We are unsure where the recipe originated, but it has become a holiday dinner staple on our tables and an easy dessert to make for holiday parties.
1 Package of Devil’s Food Cake Mix (18.25 OZ)
1 Package of Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix (5.85 OZ)
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 Cup Warm Water
2 Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips (plus another 1/2 cup to drizzle on the top if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 12 cup bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, eggs and warm water.
- Once other ingredients are mixed, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Cool cake thoroughly in the pan for at least an hour and a half and then invert onto a plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar or, melt chocolate chips or chocolate cake icing and drizzle over the top finishing off with a few whole chocolate chips (the drizzle holds them in place).
We hope that you enjoy our “Holiday Tip” and wish you the happiest of holidays and a wonderful New Year!
The Team at CA Search Advisors:
Amy Bauer, Managing Principal Katie Becker, Managing Principal